- Favourite children’s song
- What does it look/feel like to be “doing great” as a parent?
- Best parenting hack you’ve discovered
- What do you miss about pre-baby life?
- Parenting win of the week
- Parenting fail of the week
- Winning meal of the moment
- Craziest thing you’ve ever done to get your baby/kid to sleep or stay asleep
- Three words to describe your child/children
- What have you learnt from becoming a parent?
My Dad is a statistician, so I love filling out surveys. 🙂
- ‘Hush Little Baby’ gets Clem to sleep
- House a bit chaotic but I make time to do yoga
- Start making dinner in the morning (or the night before)
- Time alone to faff around
- Making time to wrestle with Leo before bed
- Raising my voice
- At home: dahl and rice. Out: sushi train
- Drove to Bundeena and back just so Leo would have a sleep in the car. Did a pee in the shower because I was wearing Clem in the baby carrier and I didn’t want to wake him up.
- Leo: enthusiastic, kind, chatty. Clem: determined, musical, joyful.
- Managing on less and broken sleep, multitasking up the whazoo, less procrastination.
Thanks to Kaley Hawkins from the Longest Shortest Time Mamas Facebook group for the inspiration for this, and to Tabitha who came up with some of the questions.
One thought on “Ten questions for Mums and Dads”
1. Favourite children’s song
“I’m a train”, the one that goes “I’m a chooka train yeah”. The only children’s song that allows you to sing “It has been a HAAAARD day” repeatedly and loudly.
2. What does it look/feel like to be “doing great” as a parent?
Everyone has eaten, everyone has pooed and everyone is sleeping.
3. Best parenting hack you’ve discovered
Turns out our baby monitor has enough range that we can go to our neighbours’ house while the kids are asleep. We got to go to a party there on the weekend with no babysitter required!
4. What do you miss about pre-kid life?
That fully functioning feeling that comes with being well slept.
5. Parenting win of the week
Glow sticks in the bath. Turn the lights off and party.
6. Parenting fail of the week
Every time I threaten to leave Teddy behind if he won’t hurry up and get out of the house (which is to say, every time we try to leave the house).
7. Winning meal of the moment
Pancakes containing oats, apple and banana. Pancakes are a “meal”, right?
8. Craziest thing you’ve ever done to get your baby/kid to sleep or stay asleep
When Teddy used to fall asleep in the bike trailer, I would just keep riding till he woke up. I ended up in Belconnen once, where he then woke up and cried the whole way home. Aah, those were the days.
9. Three words to describe your child/children
Teddy: Genuinely good company.
Dulcie: Delicious little dumpling.
10. What have you learnt from becoming a parent?
You may as well buy the 1kg tub of hummus.